● By love, God has revealed himself and given himself to man. He has thus provided the definitive, superabundant answer to the questions that man asks himself about the meaning and purpose of his life.
● God has revealed himself to man by gradually communicating his own mystery in deeds and in words.
● Beyond the witness to himself that God gives in created things, he manifested himself to our first parents, spoke to them and, after the fall, promised them salvation (Genesis 3:15) and offered them his covenant.
● God made an everlasting covenant with Noah and with all living beings (Genesis 9:16). It will remain in force as long as the world lasts.
● God chose Abraham and made a covenant with him and his descendants. By the covenant God formed his people and revealed his law to them through Moses. Through the prophets, he prepared them to accept the salvation destined for all humanity.
● God has revealed himself fully by sending his own Son, in whom he has established his covenant forever. the Son is his Father’s definitive Word; so there will be no further Revelation after him.