- No Gospel of Luke or Acts of the Apostles.
- No stories about the Annunciation, Visitation, Presentation, the Finding of Jesus in the Temple, the Ascension, or Pentecost.
- No parables about the Good Samaritan, the Prodigal Son, the Rich Man & Lazarus, and others.
- Mary, the mother of Jesus, would go unquoted in the Bible (apart from the Wedding Feast of Cana.)
- We wouldn’t know where John the Baptist came from, his parents’ names, or that he was related to Jesus.
- We wouldn’t know about the Good Thief’s conversion.
- We wouldn’t know of Jesus’ appearance on the Road to Emmaus.
- We would have no unified Bible narrative about the emergence and spread of the Early Church.
However, thanks to St. Luke, we are blessed with all of these things today.