- Joseph was probably the first person Jesus Christ called “Abba.”
- As a carpenter, Joseph created things by his mind and hand, imaging God the Father, Creator of the universe.
- Joseph never gave a stone, a snake, or a scorpion to Jesus when asked for a loaf of bread, a fish, or an egg.
- Like God the Father, Joseph can seem quiet, but he never ceases in his love and action.
- As God loved ancient Israel purely, so Joseph loved Mary—the icon of perfected Israel.
- Joseph was the protector and provider in the household of the Son of God. Now he is the patron of the universal Church.