How can your ordinary travel bring you closer to God and greater personal holiness? Here are some Catholic devotions you and your family can practice while driving down the road:
- When you embark, you can invoke your guardian angel to protect you on your journey.
- When passing a Catholic Church, you can make a sign of the cross to bless yourself and honor the Real Presence of the Lord inside of the tabernacle.
- When passing a cemetery, you can say a prayer for any buried there who are still in Purgatory.
- When you hear a siren, you can pray for a safe and happy resolution to the emergency.
- When driving alone, you can invite Jesus or Mary to sit beside you to share a prayerful conversation.