- Practice intentional, daily prayer.
- Pray with passages from the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John.
- Pray the Stations of the Cross communally or on your own.
- Read spiritual books and talk about them with Jesus.
- Learn more about a saint and grow closer to him or her.
- Pray the Rosary, imagining yourself present at each of the mysteries.
- Attend daily Mass.
- Buy nothing that you do not need.
- Drink water in place of other beverages.
- Refrain from complaining.
- Say only good things about others unless your duty requires otherwise.
- Keep from the TV, internet, smart phone, iPad, and/or radio.
- Sleep without a pillow.
- Choose a distant parking space.
- Save the money you would normally spend on something else to donate to a cause.
- Fill a give-away box with things you don’t really need.
- Clear your closet of clothes the clothes you don’t wear and give them away.
- When you go shopping, pick up non-perishable food items for the food bank.
- Contribute to our diocesan annual appeal to support Christ’s work.
- Give those living in nursing homes or the homebound the gift of a visit.
- Say three loving things to your spouse and kids each day.