Monday, 2nd Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- Settling amidst Amalekites would be as patching or pouring new into old.
- “Obedience” and being “upright” are “better than sacrifice.”
- There are times to feast and times to fast in God’s will for us.
Petitions: Faithfulness Amid Temptation, Those Who Hunger, New Marriages
Tuesday, 2nd Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- King Saul & the Pharisees would wrongly condemn God’s true servants.
- Others see the appearance, but Jesus looks into our hearts.
- Jesus is the “Anointed One” (or, in Greek, the Christ) far greater than David.
Petitions: Priestly Vocations, Large Families, Against Prejudices
Wednesday, 2nd Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- Both Jesus and the ancient killer beckon, “Come here…”
- Goliath’s might brought infamy, while the withered man’s weakness gave glory.
- Jesus’ wielded the Torah written on smooth stones against his foes.
Petitions: Apologists, Soldiers, The Disabled
Thursday, 2nd Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- Jesus, our God, is our faithful friend, like Jonathan to David.
- The crowds’ adulation endanger the old and new David’s.
- While each deliverers, David slew whereas Jesus healed.
Petitions: Humility, Famous People, Friendship
Friday, 2nd Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- High office alone does not make one great in the Kingdom of God.
- Saul coveted his anointing, but Jesus shares it with the Apostles.
- Jesus’ twelve Apostles accomplished more than Saul’s 3,000 soldiers.
Petitions: Underground Churches, Bishop & Priests, Mercy