Monday, 7th Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- Jesus comes down the mountain with mighty wisdom from above.
- The Lord’s ‘perfect, trustworthy, right, clear, pure, and true’ words prevail over evil.
- Prayer will drive out spirits of jealousy and selfish ambition among us.
Petitions: Faith, Special Needs Families, Prayer
Tuesday, 7th Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- His disciples argued who was greatest because they coveted, envied, and did not understand.
- As resisting the Devil causes him to flee, so the Lord’s timely question silenced their feud.
- “Humble yourselves before the Lord,” like a child, in Christ’s likeness, “and he will exalt you.”
Petitions: Church Unity, World Peace, Openness to Life
Wednesday, 7th Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- Mighty deeds may be accomplished in the name of the Lord, if he wills it.
- The actions of a Christian arrogantly disregarding God’s will, speak ill of him.
- Instead of complaining, the one who does not follow ought be told the right thing to do.
Petitions: Separated Brethren, Entrepreneurs, Discernment
Thursday, 7th Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- Better to hand over what is not yours than to be thrown into fiery Gehenna or the deadly sea.
- “These little ones” are children, but also laborers; the poor, the voiceless, and the vulnerable.
- The millstones of “God grind slowly; yet they grind exceeding small.” (Longfellow’s “Retribution”)
Petitions: God’s Little Ones, Just Wages, Manual Laborers
Friday, 7th Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- Wedding vows are solemn promises, so let your “I do” mean “I do.”
- “Do not complain, [husbands and wives,] about one another,” for “the Lord is kind and merciful.”
- The Lord became one flesh with us, “because the Lord is compassionate and merciful.”
Petitions: Eucharistic Devotion, The Seemingly Abandoned, Sanctified Speech