Monday, 8th Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- Only through God’s mercy do we have ‘a new birth, an inheritance, and a waiting salvation.’
- Like our faith, water is more precious than gold, for our future life would be lost without it.
- Peter and the rich man saw Jesus, but we today are not deprived of his teaching, trials, or presence.
Petitions: Vocations, Teachers, The Heavily Burdened
Tuesday, 8th Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- Israel’s prophets were writing “all the ends of the earth” destined for “salvation by our God.”
- The Spirit of Christ, who inspired the prophets, also foresaw the Gospel’s promises fulfilled.
- A child’s obedience and holiness, brought to maturity, is one hundred times rewarded.
Petitions: Reluctant Converts, All Lands, Family Members
Wednesday, 8th Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- As “a spotless unblemished Lamb,” Jesus is led to the temple to offer his “precious Blood.”
- Like Pharaoh Ozymandias’ glory, “flesh is like grass,” but what is the Lord’s remains imperishable.
- God reigns as king, blessing with food and teachings, without lording his authority over us.
Petitions: Bishops, Builders, True Perspective
Thursday, 8th Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- As “aliens and sojourners” in this world, Christians will face rebukes like Bartimaeus.
- But like a mother to a newborn’s cry, Jesus responds to the blind man’s great thirsting desire.
- Unlike others, Jesus has mercy on his neighbor as he walks the Good Samaritan’s road. (Luke 10:30)
Petitions: Universal Priesthood, Against Scandal, For Infants
Friday, 8th Week in Ordinary Time—Year II
- “[T]he judgment [begins] with the household of God…” (1 Peter 4:17)
- By setting up shop in the Court of the Gentiles, they made the temple inhospitable for the nations.
- As each Christian has received the gifts of faith and mercy, use them to serve one another.
Petitions: Effective Preaching, Crop-Friendly Weather, Effortless Prayer